I adapted this recipe from Chocolate, Chocolate and More. After making this quiche, the only thing I am going to do differently for next time is add some spicy sausage! I think it tastes perfect just the way it is if you want to meatless, but my hubby and I would definitely LOVE it if it had some spicy sausage!
Total Time: 1 hr
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 40 min
Yield: 6-8 slices
1 pie crust (store bought or homemade)
1 cup whipping cream
½ cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
1 ¾ cups shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp dried basil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
2. Roll out the pie crust then lightly press into the form of a tart or pie pan.
3. Sauté the onion in butter for about 5 minutes, just until softened. If the broccoli is fresh, steam until just tender, if frozen, cook just until warmed and defrosted. Toss the broccoli with the onions and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
4. Evenly spread the broccoli and onions in the prepared crust then sprinkle cheese over top.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, cream, garlic salt, dried basil, salt and pepper. With hand mixer, whip the mixture for about 1 minute.
6. Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli, onions and cheese.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes until center is set. Make sure an inserted toothpick comes out clean with no raw egg. Remove from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
You can find this recipe linked up at these parties:
We also have a winner for the 3 Little Mustard Seeds Blue Chevron & Burlap Beach Tote Giveaway!
Congratulations to Sierra! Make sure to check your email to find out how to receive your adorable beach tote with free monogramming! I hope it comes in handy this summer!