I took these yummy brownies to my bible study last night, and I got rave reviews! They are the perfect treat for a party or group gathering. They are super sweet which is why I recommend cutting them into 16 pieces which would make them about 2 inch squares. However, if you like a good sugar high, you can cut them even bigger.
Nutella Swirl Brownies
Total Time: 35 min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 20 min
Non-stick cooking spray (I used Pam)
½ cup butter
¼ cup butterscotch chips
¼ cup white chocolate chips
1 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
½ cup Swans Down bleached cake flour
½ cup Nutella Spread
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8 or 9 inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter, butterscotch and white chocolate together on low heat, stirring occasionally so as not to burn the chocolate. When the butter and chocolate have melted, remove the pot from the heat.
3. Put brown sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer. Add the melted butter, butterscotch and white chocolate mixture to the brown sugar and mix on low.
4. Add the eggs and beat until just combined. Stir in the flour, and mix until the batter is thoroughly blended and smooth. 5. 5. Pour the batter into the pan.
6. Put the Nutella in a small microwave safe bowl and nuke for about 25 seconds just to make it a little bit smoother. Drop ribbons of Nutella on the brownie batter and swirl with a knife.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the brownies are just beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan and are fudgy in the center. If you want more cake-like brownies, bake an additional 5 minutes.
(Adapted from happy food, healthy life)
Nutella is not an extremely common spread in the U.S., but a widely popular snack in France. It can be used not only for brownies but also for spreading on toast, eating with crackers and just enjoying it by the spoonful! Have you ever tried Nutella before? What do you think about it?